To get a complete backup of your Android phone, you’ll need an app that handles backups. Backup and restore your Android device with Dr.Fone, which is one of the best apps for the task. You don’t need root access to your phone to back up specific data, and you can use it without root access.
Among the file types, select the all the ones you need to back up. Then specify a backup path on PC and click “Backup” to start the Android backup process. Click “Backup” to make the tool to start Android data backup. You may have backed up some of your data using this tool. If this is true, just click “View backup history” to see what has been backed up. It indicates the internal memory or storage of a device that reserves the operating system instruction. During a simple operation, it never needs any modifications.
What’s interesting, it supports a number of devices from Realme, Samsung, Motorola, OnePlus, Samsung, Asus, and more. The team is also quite up-to-date and regularly pushes new builds with features and security patches. Overall, PixelOS is quite impressive in terms of design and those who are looking to flash Android 13, must give it a try.
- The Android developer community is huge, with their biggest feat being the ability to develop custom ROMs or custom Android builds.
- However, by following this detailed guide you can take a backup of your mediatek powered device using this simple process.
- Put your device into download mode by first turning it OFF, then pressing and holding Volume DOWN + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Among the file types, select the all the ones you need to back up.
- At the same time, you can also create local backups and manually store them offline somewhere for extra ease of mind.
- First of all, connect the one end of the USB cable to PC and connect the other end of the cable to your Android phone while pressing and holding Volume Down.
If you haven’t had your device rooted, KingoRoot is a good choice for you. Users would be heartbroken if their Android device was lost or stolen, and all the photos, text messages, contacts, and other valuable data were gone for good. You can prevent that disastrous scenario by backing up the device via copying the data from a SD card with an USB connected to a computer or uploading to cloud. However, if you want to keep everything in your device as same as before, you will have to root your android device. Xiaomi devices are generally well-supported by developers as unlocking the bootloader does not violate the warranty. Besides that, you can check out OnePlus, Motorola, Nothing, Realme, and Asus devices for good custom ROM support. Even with all the features that Syberia OS packs, it’s a very stable ROM and offers smooth and lag-free performance.
- Lock the bootloader, and you’ll be completely back to normal.
- Then navigate to the folder where the stock firmware file was extracted earlier during Step #1.
- Apart from that, if you want top-notch privacy and security on a custom ROM then I would highly recommend LineageOS.
- The Samsung Cloud Backup app on Android is fast and easy to use while providing a seamless experience across all Samsung devices.
Simply boot back into recovery then click on Restore user data. This will take to straight to the root of your SD card where you’ll select the backup file, confirm system restoration and sit back and relax. Some companies tend to modify android’s stock recovery while others tend to leave it as it is. Android’s default recovery seems to have come a long a way as I recently noticed it now includes a backup and restore data function. I first noticed it on the Infinix Zero 3 then recently on the Oukitel K6000 Pro. Before going to install stock ROM you need to take a backup of all your messages, photos, and apps firmware from your smartphone.